A PASA ONLINE conference event
This event will explore the key challenges facing procurement this year, explored in the white-paper:
1. Sourcing balance
Rebalancing the trade offs in sourcing decisions of the past, around cost v risk
2. Saving small suppliers
How dependent on small (often local) suppliers are you? In remote places,especially, dependence on reliable small/medium sized (SMEs) suppliers can be operationally or practically vital. What are you doing to secure vital small suppliers post-Covid?
3. Managing inflationary times
Annual US inflation was reported at 7.5% by end February. The UK at 6.5%, Australia expects 5.5% before long. Many forecast it to grow higher, and many in procurement today have never bought during inflationary times. If inflation today is COST-PLUS inflation, procurement will have a vital role – but how?
4. Realigning to new stakeholder needs
Part of procurement’s success during the pandemic was the building of stronger stakeholder relations. These were nurtured upon a much greater alignment with their core business needs (speed, a sense of urgency, process short-cuts, enablement not obstruction) – how do we sustain this post-Covid?
5. Digitising procurement
How to both correct the digitisation mistakes of the past and, at the same time, capture the challenges post-pandemic of collecting, managing and reporting the right data in the right way and at the right time. And ready for the next crisis?
6. Managing our teams
What is your back-to-the-office plan; and, maybe, how do you best capture the benefits of working from Home (WFH) -v- the benefits of working-in-the-office (WIO)? Which of my team might we lose in the short-term for better roles elsewhere or as ‘great-resigners’ re-evaluating their own personal priorities?
Will the team I have to manage this year, have the capability it needs to deliver the new strategy in 2022? How can we develop the team without spending too much or using too much time?
Of particular focus will be buying during inflationary times, cost reduction and risk management post-Covid
The PASA Procurement Managers’ Summit will bring together procurement managers from across the ANZ region for two mornings of learning, exploring, sharing and ‘real’ networking ONLINE through our unique REMO platform.
The programme will feature 13 keynote presentations, centred on the most important KEY challenges facing Procurement Managers today in 2022 in our post-Covid world.
There is also dedicated time built into the programme for ‘active’ networking through our special REMO virtual conferencing platform.
Find out how others are addressing the key challenges facing procurement post-Covid
This is an important ONLINE opportunity to compare your approach with your peers
- Hear expert views & case studies on the key issues facing PROCUREMENT post pandemic – and, particularly how others are dealing with the same key challenges you face
- Understand what you can do in procurement to combat COST-PLUS inflation
- Understand the most recent research into procurement priorities in ANZ – and be amongst the first to hear the conclusions from the most recent Hackett Group global study from January 2022 research around the world
- Learn how to amend your procurement goals to better reflect achievability in this post pandemic period critical for most organisations
- Network easily online with other delegates and informally benchmark your procurement approach and attainments
- Meet sponsors and expert consultants in an informal business environment to learn more of trends and advances in supporting the profession
Who will attend?
This programme is specifically targeted at procurement managers and their more senior team members from leading organisations in both private and public sectors, as well as leading not-for-profit organisations.
Ordinarily, this includes procurement staff from ASX500 companies, leading state government departments and leading public agencies.
Roles of people present at this PASA event often include heads of procurement, group procurement managers, national procurement managers, category managers, sourcing officers, procurement analysts, procurement sustainability leads, contract managers, vendor relationship managers and procurement co-ordinators. Finance managers from smaller organisations also attend.
- Networking with other delegates, speakers and sponsors has always been an essential feature of PASA events, and a core reason that many procurement professionals attend.
- PASA have invested astutely to ensure our virtual conferencing solution offers the maximum opportunity for networking for delegates.
- Significant parts of the programme are dedicated to free time for networking. The REMO platform used by PASA enables proactive networking in a way other online conferencing APPS do not.
- In fact, this online approach through REMO makes networking for delegates even easier than at real life events.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Hosted across two morning sessions ONLINE from 9.00am until 2.00pm AET (Sydney time), this event will run throughout as a single KEY NOTE plenary session.
Most sessions are timed to around 30 minutes and delegates will receive the slide decks and a recording of every session immediately after the event – which is available for download.
Throughout each session, delegates will have the chance to pose questions in the CHAT function – or at the end of each session.
The frequent breaks allow interactive networking with other delegates at tables, with sponsors in their booths or on the conference room floor – or direct with the PASA team.
This is PASA’s largest online event and, this year, focuses on discussing the SIX new challenges facing procurement teams post-pandemic